Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Weekly check in

 It seems that every time I write it’s a heatwave. Another very hot day here today. Maybe that’s helped my mood a little but I’m feeling pretty good today. 

I survived the weekend solo parenting couple of weeks ago and then we made a trip to see the in laws last weekend. It’s been a busy couple of weeks and I’ve really needed the last few days to recover and catch up with laundry, housework and life admin. It’s nice to feel a bit more organised today. 

Check In 

Weight 78.3kg 

Exercise

My knees are still feeling good. I’ve done some skipping today and yesterday. I’ve increased the time to 12minutes. I’m also continuing to do a 10 minute mobility workout I found on YouTube. 

Nutrition 

My diet wasn’t great over the weekend. We were staying with the in laws so it really depended upon what they had in. My MIL very kindly cooked for us and then on Saturday night we all got a takeaway. On Sunday there was lots of party food as we were celebrating some birthdays. It was good fun. I enjoyed the treats but was ready to get back to my usual diet come Monday. I feel so much better after just a couple of days of eating more plant based foods. 

I’ve gone on a bit of a journey revamping my diet over this last year. I’ve done a lot of reading around ultra processed foods, fermented foods and plant based diets. However, I’m learning all the time and I’m realising that not all processed foods are “bad”. I compared the ingredient list for full fat and low fat butter from Aldi and actually the only additional ingredient was water. Same with low fat cheddar cheese - there weren’t any additional ingredients I was concerned about. So I have made a couple of swaps this week to reduce my calorie intake. I’m not counting calories but I’m just trying to make easy simple swaps where I can. 

Mood 

In general I’m feeling good. The weekend of solo parenting and the travelling was hanging over me I think. As much as it was lovely to see everyone I’m glad to be home. I’m feeling really motivated and I’m enjoying getting into a very loose routine with health and fitness. I haven’t journaled much but I’m hoping to try and make that a priority over this next week. 

Goals for this week

• skip mon/tues/wed

•journal before bed

•one strength session at the weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Check In

 It’s been another busy one but a good week overall. It’s still gorgeous weather wise which I really can’t complain about but I really feel ...